Last month, I shared a list of 10 things that annoy me, and I was pleasantly surprised with how many people responded with their own annoyances.
And I was absolutely thrilled with how many other people have a hate-on for Bobby Flay.
So I started thinking about all of the other things that annoy me, and figured it couldn't hurt to share a list of all of the mom-related things that get my knickers in a knot.
Because I'm pretty sure a lot of you will be able to relate to this list.
And I'm willing to take bets some of you will add some even better stuff in the comments section.
So here you have it.
1. Teething. I feel like I've been dealing with it since the day we brought my daughter home from the hospital, which may be an exaggeration, but not a very big one. Does it EVER end? And why are the 2-year molars taking so bloody long to cut through my child's gums? Was I not a nice person in my past life, or is this the universe's way of torturing me one last time before I bid adieu to teething forever?
2. Dinnertime. Why does it have to be so painful?
3. Milestones. Don't get me wrong. I've thoroughly enjoyed watching my daughter master each new milestone over the last 2.5 years. Rolling over, sitting up, crawling, walking, allowing me to reclaim ownership over my boobs, sleeping through the night…it's all been wonderful. But 2 things irk me about children and milestones: the look of pity moms give other women when they find out their child hasn't reached a certain milestone at the same time their child has, and the way each new phase in my child's life wreaks havoc on my perfectly scheduled routine.
4. Sippy cups. Need I say more?
5. The doctor's office. Until my daughter's first birthday, I used to enjoy our visits to the doctor's office. Our pediatrician is an older, grandfatherly kind of guy who I would love to have a beer with sometime. But my daughter hates him with a passion, and she's not afraid to let him know. From the moment we walk through the door of his office, she starts screaming, and she doesn't stop until we leave. Add the fact that I'm currently on the doctor's list of World's Worst Moms because I can't get my child to ingest any dairy products or other calcium-rich foods, and the fact that I suffer from major OCD as it relates to germs, and it's a wonder I even bother going.
6. ER wait times. Oh, didn't you know? My child has been in the ER 3 times in the last 12 months, so I've been awarded the World's Worst Moms trophy there as well.
7. Mom-and-me classes. So here's the thing. I gave up my career to raise my daughter, and I'm fully committed to doing just that. But I'll be damned if I'm going to sit home reading Dora the Explorer books all day, so if I'm not filling our time with walks around the neighborhood, the mall, or the grocery store, I'm acting like a fool at one of the many mom-and-me classes I've enrolled the 2 of us in. And for the most part, I really enjoy myself. But when I spot florescent snot dripping out of another kid's nose, it takes all of my strength not to fly across the room and kick his mother in the shins. I get the whole "they should be exposed to everything" approach to parenting, but unless you're willing to come to my house and help me when my child is sick and my husband is out of town, please keep your kids home when they're sick, okay?
8. Daylight savings. There was a time in my life when the words "fall back" made me giddy with excitement. Now they just make me nauseous.
Alright. Please don't get me wrong. I love being a mom more than anything, and I wouldn't trade any of it for the whole world. But my blog would be boring if I was cute and sappy all the time, so sometimes I have to focus on the negatives.
Because it's good for my ratings, you know?
What annoys you most about motherhood?
Oh! Before I forget. Did you know I waste a lot of time sharing funny eCards on Facebook and Pinterest?! It's true! Click the links below and you can enjoy them, too!